COVID-19 Weekly Update: September 8, 2020The College sends COVID-19 dashboard updates and a tip to students, faculty, and staff every week.
Posted on September 8th, 2020 by

TO: The Gustavus Community

FROM: COVID-19 Response Leadership Team

SUBJECT: COVID-19 Weekly Update

DATE: September 8, 2020
Please see below for the COVID-19 weekly tip and on-campus case update.
WEEKLY TIP
Throughout the first week of the academic year, on-campus mask compliance has been high, particularly among first-year students. Keep up the good work! Along with wearing a facial covering, the most important thing you can do is to maintain a distance of at least six (6) feet between yourself and others. It’s natural to drift towards one another while walking in a group or standing in line in the cafeteria. This week, pay special attention to how far you are from others and commit to keeping six (6) feet apart.
Some helpful phrases to use include:
  • “I would appreciate it if we stand/sit a little further apart.”
  • “Would you mind backing up a bit so we’re six feet apart?”
  • “Do you know that based on contact tracing, if one of us tested positive we all would need to be tested and go into quarantine for up to two weeks? To me that is not worth the risk.”
  • “It’s so awkward to eat apart like this, but I know it is safer and I don’t want to take a chance.”
  • “Would you mind giving me a little more space, please?”
  • “Could you back up a little so we can be six feet apart?”
  • “Air hug!”
  • “I know everyone is different, so let me know if I forget about social distancing and get too close.”

COVID-19 DASHBOARD UPDATE
As of September 7, 2020
Total Positive Cases (since August 15): 2
Current Positive Student Cases: 0
Current Positive Employee Cases: 0
Total Students in Isolation/Quarantine: 12
Students in Isolation/Quarantine On Campus: 7
Employees in Isolation/Quarantine: 4
This data is meant to encompass the on-campus impact of COVID-19 by counting cases where a person may have been on campus while infectious. For example, students who are living at home or employees who are working remotely and not visiting campus will not be counted in these on-campus numbers. This information is also available for viewing on the College’s COVID-19 Dashboard.
As always, if you have any questions, please consult the College’s COVID-19 website and email g-covidresponse@gustavus.edu.