Gustavus Adolphus College COVID-19 Weekly Update: February 22, 2022

The College sends COVID-19 dashboard updates and a tip to students, faculty, and staff every week.
Posted on February 22nd, 2022 by

TO: The Gustavus Community

FROM: COVID-19 Response Leadership Team

SUBJECT: COVID-19 Weekly Update

DATE: February 22, 2022
 
Every Tuesday, the Gustavus COVID-19 Response Leadership Team will send out a weekly update that includes tips and reminders, policy updates, and information about on-campus COVID-19 cases. These messages are sent to all students, faculty, and staff along with Gustavus parents who have an email address on file with the College.
 
WEEKLY TIP
Campus Update: Currently, approximately 90 percent of the Gustavus community is either up to date (boosted) on their vaccine, still within their initial vaccine window (not yet eligible to be boosted), or has tested positive in the last 90 days. The remaining 10 percent of the campus community is required to complete a PCR test each week. These numbers indicate that our community is highly protected against COVID-19 under current pandemic conditions.
In light of our low case numbers and high level of community protection at the present time, the COVID-19 Response Leadership Team, President’s Cabinet, and Faculty Emergency Planning Committee are in the process of reviewing on-campus protocols and expect to announce updates to our community’s mitigation strategies in the coming days.
COVID-19 DASHBOARD UPDATE

As of February 21, 2022

Total Positive Cases (since August 15, 2021): 428

Current Positive Student Cases: 3
Current Positive Employee Cases: 0
Total Students in Isolation/Quarantine: 3
Students in Isolation/Quarantine On Campus: 0
Employees in Isolation/Quarantine: 0
 
This data set is meant to encompass the on-campus impact of COVID-19 by counting cases where a person may have been on campus while infectious. For example, students who are living at home or employees who are working remotely and not visiting campus will not be counted in these on-campus numbers. This information, along with statistics from the 2020-2021 academic year, is also available for viewing on the College’s COVID-19 Dashboard History page.
 
As always, if you have any questions, please consult the College’s COVID-19 website and email g-covidresponse@gustavus.edu.
 

Comments are closed.